10+ BLACK CELEBRITIES SLAYING AFRICAN OUTFITS & PRINTS… #5 MIGHT SHOCK YOU 👀
Updated: Feb 2, 2021
Happy Black History month to all our lovely customers and celebrators. African fabrics has always been deeply rooted in African-American fashion, everything from traditional daishiki, to churches, to the forming of political movements (The Black Panther Party) and todays (Black Lives Matter).
During slavery and most importantly after-slavery, black women have always looked forward to dressing up on weekends, especially for church on Sunday's. Monday through Friday's they were restricted to their more corporate work uniforms. Weekends was an opportunity to step out in style. Some took advantage of this styling freedom and embraced African prints.
It’s no surprise that some of Hollywood biggest names are bringing back this influence. If you are in the know, it's no big news that African prints is globally been accepted and praised in the creative and design field today. Top fashion designers in Hollywood are designing using African Prints for some of their biggest name clients. Due to its limitless usage and designs, African prints are quickly becoming the go to pattern for Hollywood celebrities looking to create a buzz. Here are 10+ of the best Hollywood stars embracing the African Ankara Prints Fabric.
1) Bishop TD Jakes wore this agbada and red Igbo cap to a function. What do you think? A hit or a miss?
2) India Arie; singer of one of our favorite song "Steady Love"seen here rocking a beautiful Ankara African print dress.
3. Check out Rihanna in this stunning African print gown. What do you think? Is it a yah or nah from you?
4. Jaden Smith decked out in full Igbo regalia on the red carpet. What do you think? Do you think he wore it well or is a no from you?
5) Both Kanye West past and present women Kim Kardarshian and Amber Rose in the same African wax fabric. Similar taste in men and fashion ughhhh, but who's rocking the look better?
6. Beyonce no stranger to wearing African prints, has been spotted several times rocking this African style prints. These were some of our favorite look from the Queen Bee.
7. Nigerian-American Singer Jidenne always reps his culture in his style. He has been spotted at numerous red carpet events wearing some of the latest and most trendy African styles.
8) Former Basketball Wives star and actress Draya Michele Sizzling in African Prints with her Stylist.
9) The Queen of Rap Nicki Minaj, seen on stage and on the red carpet in some beautiful African fabrics.
10. Solange spotted in Kitenge, which is the name of this African fabric in Eastern Africa, but we Western African its refer to as Ankara.
11) Tracie Ellis Ross shined the spotlight on African fabrics and designs at the AMAs
Join us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube so you can stay up-to-date on all the latest African print fashion trends.